Tuesday, March 31, 2009

final stamp



   This is my stamp project.  i chose to do the Ross Park Zoo for my project, and decided to focus on the bengal tiger.  the way i chose to go about this stamp style was a hand rendered image, as I'm interested in hand drawn works.  
   the style I chose was Art Nouveau as I thought that would be the best way to go about using hand rendered imagery.  After studying a few posters from the nouveau period, i saw that the text was always strong, bold bubble lettering, and the image was usually encased with a fancy border.  
   so the design process behind my work was to duplicate this style from the best of my abilities, so I centered my tiger, putting it in the "dead" center, not off to the side where the natural center is, as i noticed a lot of posters from this period had centered images with text surrounding them.  the text, I tried to keep it "wild" and natural looking, so it would blend in with the image and the jungle leave border.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you enjoy my work, if you'd like to leave any comments, or suggestions feel free as theyre always welcome.

-thanks!