Thursday, April 30, 2009

explaination

The reasoning behind my poster is my topic was animation. This project was the one I was most into, unlike the other projects in this class, this idea went through over 4 stages of developement before I actually chose the layout I wanted, and the characters I wanted to incorperate. The idea to make my poster into a "comic strip" like layout, came from the idea that illustration, and comics are the flat non moving cousins to animation. So in order to get the feeling of cartooning, and animation, naturally comics came to mind.
As far as the history part behind the project goes, I wanted to give people a very simple look into the art of animation and how difficult it really is without completely BORING everyone to death, as the topic isnt a boring one what so ever, so why make the poster boring? so i made a joke about it in my poster. as for art elements, i tried to implement the rule of thirds by placement of characters and text off center, and by haveing the characters looking at eachother or communicating from the top to bottom, it takes the eye all over the piece. so my goal was to create a fun and friendly poster that anyone can pick up and hopefully appretiate the love that goes into animation from the artists invlved, or at least respect the work animators put into their jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you enjoy my work, if you'd like to leave any comments, or suggestions feel free as theyre always welcome.

-thanks!